Public health authorities suggest parents can help children increase water consumption by the following. Parents can as well:
• Offer water when you or your children say they are thirsty.
• Having only water and other unsweetened beverages available or within you or child’s reach.
• Model good behavior – drink more water yourself.
• Checking the school policies on allowing children to visit the water fountain often or bringing bottled water into the classroom.
• Dressing it up – add slices of lemon, lime, strawberries or cucumber to water to add interest and variety.