The Aledo City Council will meet in regular session at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 25, at the Aledo Community Center, 104 Robinson Ct.
Items for discussion and action include:
1. A second public hearing regarding the annexation request for the Brookhollow subdivision.
2. Bids for 2013 paving improvements.
3. The city’s north entryway monument sign on FM 1187 and a design agreement with Freese & Nichols.
4. A contract with Freese & Nichols to plan and design the development of Aledo Trail.
The consent agenda includes:
1. Approval of a resolution designating signatories for bank accounts at First Financial Bank.
2. Approval of closing Elm Street from FM 1187 to Oak Street for the First Friday’s Events.
3. Approval of a request from Aledo United Methodist Church to close Oak Street in front of the church for the church’s Lord’s Acre Festival on Saturday, September 28, from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m.
4. Approval of signing up with Constant Contact for emailing quarterly newsletters.
The council will also hear reports from:
1. The city administrator, on improvements to FM 1187/traffic flow.
2. The city secretary, on the 50th Anniversary Celebration & First Friday’s.
3. The public works director, with an update of Aledo Trail.
4. The accounting coordinator
5. The East Parker County librarian
6. The fire department
7. The fire marshal
8. The Parker County Sheriff’s Office
The council will convene in executive session to discuss:
1. The City of Willow Park v. Todd C. Brennan, et al. v. Parker County Appraisal District, Parker County Appraisal Review Board, City of Aledo and Larry Hammonds in his official capacity as Parker County Appraisal District Director.
2. Appealing the denial of party status in the Application of Republic Waste Services of Texas, Ltd. for Municipal Solid Waste Permit No. 2356
3. An annual performance evaluation of City Secretary Deana McMullen.
- Aledo ExtrA
Spivack to speak at PCRW event
Parker County Republican Women will have Loren Spivack as the March 13 luncheon meeting guest speaker.
State education board candidates in runoff
Tuesday’s voting tallies signified an extremely tight race for State Board of Education District 11 candidates in the Republican primary.
Renfro in runoff for job he didn’t want
Precinct 4 Commissioner Dusty Renfro, who unexpectedly scored 1,213 votes in Tuesday’s Republican Primary while campaigning for an opponent, is still trying to lose his job on the Parker County Commissioners’ Court.
Area council, school board filings
Filings for school board and city council elections in May ended last Friday. Here are the filings for area city council seats open in May:
ALEDO – Patricia Weckel, 60, died Tuesday, March 4, 2014, surrounded by family at her home in Aledo.
This time, Riley cruises past McKay in judge’s race
County Judge Mark Riley knocked it out of the park against challenger Cary McKay in final but unofficial returns in Tuesday night’s Republican primary, securing 62 percent of the total votes cast with a final count of 7,524 to 4,670.
Dugan, Renfro in runoff for Pct. 4 Commissioner
The three-way race for Precinct 4 commissioner will end in a May 27 Republican primary runoff with front-runner Steve Dugan — who received 1,776 votes — facing incumbent Dusty Renfro, a candidate who told voters he didn’t want the job but got 1,213 votes anyway. Fred Hammons received 704 votes.
Barnwell edges Vick; Brunson claims win
Running for an office that counts money, Parker County Treasurer candidate Dedra Vick might still be counting votes today.
March 4 primary elections
Tuesday, March 4, is election day, and voters will cast their ballots in one of two political party elections. The candidate selected (unless a runoff is necessary) will represent the party in the Nov. 4 General Election.
Brookhollow gets the go-ahead, Aledo City Hall back for a redo
Brookhollow subdivision cleared the final hurdles for construction at the Thursday Aledo City Council meeting, but plans for a new city hall returned to the drawing board after Mayor Pro Tem Bill McLeRoy and council member Jean Bailey reacted to the building’s unremarkable exterior.
- More Aledo ExtrA Headlines
- Spivack to speak at PCRW event