The Aledo City Council will meet in regular session at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 25, at the Aledo Community Center, 104 Robinson Ct.
Items for discussion and action include:
1. A second public hearing regarding the annexation request for the Brookhollow subdivision.
2. Bids for 2013 paving improvements.
3. The city’s north entryway monument sign on FM 1187 and a design agreement with Freese & Nichols.
4. A contract with Freese & Nichols to plan and design the development of Aledo Trail.
The consent agenda includes:
1. Approval of a resolution designating signatories for bank accounts at First Financial Bank.
2. Approval of closing Elm Street from FM 1187 to Oak Street for the First Friday’s Events.
3. Approval of a request from Aledo United Methodist Church to close Oak Street in front of the church for the church’s Lord’s Acre Festival on Saturday, September 28, from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m.
4. Approval of signing up with Constant Contact for emailing quarterly newsletters.
The council will also hear reports from:
1. The city administrator, on improvements to FM 1187/traffic flow.
2. The city secretary, on the 50th Anniversary Celebration & First Friday’s.
3. The public works director, with an update of Aledo Trail.
4. The accounting coordinator
5. The East Parker County librarian
6. The fire department
7. The fire marshal
8. The Parker County Sheriff’s Office
The council will convene in executive session to discuss:
1. The City of Willow Park v. Todd C. Brennan, et al. v. Parker County Appraisal District, Parker County Appraisal Review Board, City of Aledo and Larry Hammonds in his official capacity as Parker County Appraisal District Director.
2. Appealing the denial of party status in the Application of Republic Waste Services of Texas, Ltd. for Municipal Solid Waste Permit No. 2356
3. An annual performance evaluation of City Secretary Deana McMullen.