Weatherford College Student Art Reception
• 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Alkek Fine Arts Center on campus.
• Reception for student art show. Art will be on display from through April 28 in the Alkek Fine Arts Center. Contact: 817-598-6403.
Ric Williamson Memorial Highway and I-20 Interchange ribbon cutting
• 10 a.m. at the interchange. A ceremony with speakers will take place.
CASA Fore-The-Kids Golf Tournament
• 12 noon at Canyon West Golf Course, 160 Club House Drive, Weatherford.
• This 3rd annual event will be held at the Canyon West Golf Course with Chairpersons George and Amy Mercer and co-chair John Forrest. Organized by the Friends of Casa Group.
The event begins with lunch at noon from Fire Oak Grill. Shotgun start at 1 pm.
Dinner, awards and door prizes will follow. Sponsorships are still available. The cost for a team of four is $400 and an individual player is $100. Contact: Connie at 817-599-6224.
Weatherford Blooms Festival
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Weatherford downtown square.
• This event is free and open to the public. The event will include more than 80 home and garden vendors. There will also be home remodeling products, services, designers, decor, landscape tools and equipment. Several local nurseries will also be on-site with seasonal plants and flowers.
Food vendors, children’s area, plus local singers and dance groups under the entertainment tent, along with a fascinating display of antique tractors.
• For more information about this event, or to become a vendor at the event, contact Special Events Coordinator Blake Rexroat at: 817-598-4034.
CASA-Hope for Children free training classes
Two sessions available:
• 6 p.m.-9 p.m., Aledo
• 9 a.m. to noon, CASA office, 701 Palo Pinto St., Suite 701F, Weatherford.
• With an increasing number of cases in Parker and Palo Pinto counties, CASA-Hope for Children has initiated a “call to action” in hopes of attracting volunteers. CASA volunteers help abused children find permanency in an overburdened court system. In 2012, the organization helped to find safe and permanent homes for approximately 175 children.
• For more information about CASA or becoming an advocate to help a foster child, visit www.casaofparkercounty.com or call 817-599-6224.