Bearcats ‘N Boots Gala: dinner, auction and entertainment
• 6:30 p.m. at Cendera Center, 3600 Benbrook Highway, Fort Worth.
• Catered by The Wild Mushroom; entertainment by Four Day Weekend.
• Tickets cost $100.
• Benefitting the Aledo ISD Education Foundation
• Title sponsor Buford-Thompson Company.
• For more information, go to aledoef.org.
Unused meds disposal
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Willow Park police station, 101 Stagecoach Tr.
• Non-liquid only.
• No needles.
• Free, anonymous.
• City residency not required.
• Held jointly with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.
CASA-Hope for Children training class
• 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
• Aledo UMC, 100 Pecan Dr., Aledo.
• CASA volunteers help abused children find permanency in an overburdened court system. For more info about becoming an advocate for a foster child, visit www.casaofparkercounty.com or call 817-599-6224.
EPCWBA Healthcare Panel
• 11:30 a.m.— 1 p.m.
• Tucker Red’s, 4971 E I-20 Service Road North, Willow Park.
East Parker County Chamber’s Women’s Business Alliance will host a Healthcare Education Panel that will address in-home healthcare and rehab, long-term care and hospice. The event includes lunch. Register online: www.eastparkerchamber.com or call the Chamber for more info at 817-441-7844.
Huge semiannual Deer Creek Plantation and Deer Creek Lakeside garage sale
• 8 a.m.- 2 p.m. daily.
• Facebook page: Deer Creek Sale Aledo.
Rotary Club of Weatherford will sponsor the Weatherford Food Hub at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 10 at Weatherford Public Library, 1014 Charles Drive. Produce bags are $5 each (cash only) and contain 15 or more pieces of fresh fruits and vegetables. There is no limit or prequalification to participate; everyone welcome. The mission is to make fresh produce affordable and accessible to all.
EPCCC Monthly Luncheon
Putting Your Company’s Best Face Forward
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at New River Fellowship, 3253 East I-20 Service Road South, Hudson Oaks.
The East Parker County Chamber of Commerce luncheon will feature speaker Linda Pavlik, who will discuss three things every CEO must know about public relations. Pavlik established Pavlik and associated in 1983, specializing in media relations, public policy development, and creating synergisms among entities in the public and private sectors. Register online at www.eastparkerchamber.com or call the Chamber office at 817-441-7844 for more information.