The Aledo City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 28, in the Aledo Community Center, 104 Robinson Court. One of the items will be discussion and action on setting a date for the City of Aledo's 50th anniversary celebration.The consent agenda includes an ordinance to cancel the May 11 general election — because city council candidates in places 1, 3 and 5 are unopposed — and approval of the race route for the Aledo Advocats 5K run, set for April 27.
The council will also conduct public hearings for input on Phase II of the residential development Parks of Aledo, to be located on a 29-acre tract at the southwest corner of Bailey Ranch Road and FM 1187.
The hearings, followed by discussion and action, will involve the Development Plan as well as on an amendment to the ordinance for the Conceptual Plan. A Community Facilities Agreement and the Final Plat for Phase II of Parks of Aledo are also up for discussion and action. The council will also:
• Hold a public hearing, followed by discussion and action, on an ordinance amending Land Use Assumptions, Water and Wastewater Capital Improvement Plans and Water and Wastewater Impact Fees.
• Have discussion and action on a resolution granting a petition for voluntary annexation from Bearcat Development LLC, for the Brookhollow development; calling public hearings to be held on the proposed annexation; and directing that a service plan for the property be prepared.
• Have discussion and action concerning the Aledo ISD’s proposal to install antennas on the elevated storage tank for a radio system.
• Have discussion and action to approve a contract with Western Enterprises, represented by Larry Jergins, for a community fireworks display June 7.
• Have discussion and action to approve a bank depository agreement.
• Have discussion and action to consider all matters incident and related to the appointment of a successor escrow agent for the “City of Aledo, Texas, Tax and Waterworks and Sewer System Surplus Revenue Certificates of Obligation, Series 2011B and Series 2012”, including the adoption of a resolution appointing such successor escrow agent.
• Have discussion and action concerning setting a date for City of Aledo’s 50th anniversary celebration.
•Have discussion and action to approve an amendment to the city inspector agreement for the Parks of Aledo residential development project to extend construction inspection services for Phase II.
•Have discussion and action concerning a water meter issue.
•Discuss and consider approval of amendments for FY 2013 Budget.
City Administrator Ken Pfeifer’s report will include improvements to FM 1187/traffic flow and a report from Director of Public Works Gordon Smith report will include updates on Fort Worth water and Aledo Trail.
The city council may meet in executive session to discuss:
1. Cause No. CV10-0429, City of Willow Park v. Todd C. Brennan, et al. v. Parker County Appraisal District, Parker County Appraisal Review Board, City of Aledo, Larry Hammonds in his official capacity as Parker County Appraisal District Director.
2. Appealing the denial of party status in the application of Republic Waste Services of Texas, Ltd. for Municipal Solid Waste Permit No. 2356.
- Aledo ExtrA
Despite cold, peach crops looking rosy
Parker County peach growers won’t know for sure for a few more days, but as of Wednesday, one day after April temperatures plummeted into the low 30s, they’re predicting a good, even rosy, peach harvest for this year’s Parker County Peach Festival.
Aledo ISD "Shattered Dreams" and parent workshop
Aledo ISD high school students will get a taste of what it’s like to be in a car accident with fatalities Thursday, April 17th, and Friday, April 18th, as they participate in “Shattered Dreams,” a program designed to save lives. A parent workshop about the topics addressed in the program will be held from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday, April 17.
Hitting the trail for MS
STEPHENVILLE – The Cowboy Capital MS Trail Ride is a fun-filled event dedicated to raising funds that support national research into the cause and cure for Multiple Sclerosis as well as provide programs to more than 9,000 people in the Lone Star Chapter area whose lives are touched by MS.
Parker County man killed in single-vehicle wreck
A 60-year-old Parker County man was killed around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday in a one-vehicle crash in the 2100 block of FM Road 3325, also known as Farmer Road.
Aledo City Council Place 4 candidates for May 10 election
Early voting for the May 10 general election begins April 28. Following is some information gathered from the candidates for the Place 4 Aledo City Council seat. Aledo Mayor Kit Marshall is running for re-election unopposed.
Aledo City Council Place 2 candidates
Early voting for the May 10 general election begins April 28. Following is some information gathered from the candidates running for the Aledo City Council Place 2 seat. Aledo Mayor Kit Marshall is running for re-election unopposed.
USAF heroes to Ride for Heroes
The 12th annual Ride for Heroes bike ride this Saturday in Aledo will include some VIPs: members of the United States Air Force Cycling Team.
FM 5 intersection makeover
City of Willow Park officials were recently told that a planned reconstruction of the intersection of Interstate 20 frontage roads and FM Road 5 now has funding from the state and is moving ahead.
Bearcat Bootcamp holds successful fundraiser
Bearcat Bootcamp, an Aledo fitness organization, held its first 1-mile Fun Run and Back the Bearcats 5K race April 5.
Hearing held for Annetta Crime Control District
The Crime Control and Prevention District proposed for the Town of Annetta — which voters have the chance to accept or reject in the May 10 election — moved forward last week with an April 7 public hearing.
- More Aledo ExtrA Headlines
- Despite cold, peach crops looking rosy