The Aledo City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 28, in the Aledo Community Center, 104 Robinson Court. One of the items will be discussion and action on setting a date for the City of Aledo's 50th anniversary celebration.The consent agenda includes an ordinance to cancel the May 11 general election — because city council candidates in places 1, 3 and 5 are unopposed — and approval of the race route for the Aledo Advocats 5K run, set for April 27.
The council will also conduct public hearings for input on Phase II of the residential development Parks of Aledo, to be located on a 29-acre tract at the southwest corner of Bailey Ranch Road and FM 1187.
The hearings, followed by discussion and action, will involve the Development Plan as well as on an amendment to the ordinance for the Conceptual Plan. A Community Facilities Agreement and the Final Plat for Phase II of Parks of Aledo are also up for discussion and action. The council will also:
• Hold a public hearing, followed by discussion and action, on an ordinance amending Land Use Assumptions, Water and Wastewater Capital Improvement Plans and Water and Wastewater Impact Fees.
• Have discussion and action on a resolution granting a petition for voluntary annexation from Bearcat Development LLC, for the Brookhollow development; calling public hearings to be held on the proposed annexation; and directing that a service plan for the property be prepared.
• Have discussion and action concerning the Aledo ISD’s proposal to install antennas on the elevated storage tank for a radio system.
• Have discussion and action to approve a contract with Western Enterprises, represented by Larry Jergins, for a community fireworks display June 7.
• Have discussion and action to approve a bank depository agreement.
• Have discussion and action to consider all matters incident and related to the appointment of a successor escrow agent for the “City of Aledo, Texas, Tax and Waterworks and Sewer System Surplus Revenue Certificates of Obligation, Series 2011B and Series 2012”, including the adoption of a resolution appointing such successor escrow agent.
• Have discussion and action concerning setting a date for City of Aledo’s 50th anniversary celebration.
•Have discussion and action to approve an amendment to the city inspector agreement for the Parks of Aledo residential development project to extend construction inspection services for Phase II.
•Have discussion and action concerning a water meter issue.
•Discuss and consider approval of amendments for FY 2013 Budget.
City Administrator Ken Pfeifer’s report will include improvements to FM 1187/traffic flow and a report from Director of Public Works Gordon Smith report will include updates on Fort Worth water and Aledo Trail.
The city council may meet in executive session to discuss:
1. Cause No. CV10-0429, City of Willow Park v. Todd C. Brennan, et al. v. Parker County Appraisal District, Parker County Appraisal Review Board, City of Aledo, Larry Hammonds in his official capacity as Parker County Appraisal District Director.
2. Appealing the denial of party status in the application of Republic Waste Services of Texas, Ltd. for Municipal Solid Waste Permit No. 2356.
- Aledo ExtrA
Ride for Heroes a success
Nearly 1,200 cyclists flooded the roads around East Parker County during Saturday’s 12th annual Moritz Ride for Heroes.
Aledo ISD School Board Place 7 candidates
Early voting for the May 10 general election begins April 28. Following is information gathered from the candidates for the Place 7 Aledo ISD trustee race, Hoyt Harris, James Riley Morrison and Debra Rogers.
Aledo ISD School Board Place 6 candidates
Early voting for the May 10 general election begins April 28. Following is information gathered from the candidates for the Place 6 Aledo ISD trustee race, incumbent David Davis and challenger Farida Goderya.
Callaway gets A+
Anita Callaway, an English teacher at Daniel Ninth Grade Center, was named “Teacher of the Year” during the 2014 Marva Collins Teaching Excellence Awards ceremony held April 15 in the Aledo High School auditorium.
Man dies in Farmer Road crash
A 60-year-old Parker County man was killed around 9:30 a.m. April 15 in a one-vehicle crash in the 2100 block of FM Road 3325, also known as Farmer Road.
Fire victims' fund established
Two streets down and hours after many members of the East Parker County community gathered April 5 to present a new home built with donations to the Hancock family, another family in the West Oak subdivision lost their home to a fire and is now in need of support from the community.
Delay adds $56,000 to Aledo Trail project
The long delay in the Aledo Trail downtown couplet, now due to finish in summer instead of spring, will add about $56,000 to the cost of the project, Parker County commissioners learned last week, when they approved a change order upping the contract to around $3.3 million.
Parker County Sheriff's Report March 31-April 11
Theft of property
A deputy was dispatched to 8600 Interstate 20 East, Aledo, in reference to a theft investigation. The 57-year-old male complainant said an unknown suspect stole $1,000 of copper wire from the Sprint tower on the site. A case was made for the theft of property: aluminum, bronze, copper and brass.
East Parker County Calendar of Events
Bearcats ‘N Boots Gala: dinner, auction and entertainment
• 6:30 p.m. at Cendera Center, 3600 Benbrook Highway, Fort Worth.
• Catered by The Wild Mushroom; entertainment by Four Day Weekend.
• Tickets cost $100.
• Benefitting the Aledo ISD Education Foundation
• Title sponsor Buford-Thompson Company.
• For more information, go to aledoef.org.
EXTENSION NEWS: Take a mind vacation
For many of us, every day has some sort of stress associated with it. Whether it is something at home or at work, it seems like there are a million things stressing us out and making us feel overwhelmed.
- More Aledo ExtrA Headlines
- Ride for Heroes a success