The consent agenda includes an ordinance to cancel the May 11 general election — because city council candidates in places 1, 3 and 5 are unopposed — and approval of the race route for the Aledo Advocats 5K run, set for April 27.
The council will also conduct public hearings for input on Phase II of the residential development Parks of Aledo, to be located on a 29-acre tract at the southwest corner of Bailey Ranch Road and FM 1187.
The hearings, followed by discussion and action, will involve the Development Plan as well as on an amendment to the ordinance for the Conceptual Plan. A Community Facilities Agreement and the Final Plat for Phase II of Parks of Aledo are also up for discussion and action. The council will also:
• Hold a public hearing, followed by discussion and action, on an ordinance amending Land Use Assumptions, Water and Wastewater Capital Improvement Plans and Water and Wastewater Impact Fees.
• Have discussion and action on a resolution granting a petition for voluntary annexation from Bearcat Development LLC, for the Brookhollow development; calling public hearings to be held on the proposed annexation; and directing that a service plan for the property be prepared.
• Have discussion and action concerning the Aledo ISD’s proposal to install antennas on the elevated storage tank for a radio system.
• Have discussion and action to approve a contract with Western Enterprises, represented by Larry Jergins, for a community fireworks display June 7.
• Have discussion and action to approve a bank depository agreement.
• Have discussion and action to consider all matters incident and related to the appointment of a successor escrow agent for the “City of Aledo, Texas, Tax and Waterworks and Sewer System Surplus Revenue Certificates of Obligation, Series 2011B and Series 2012”, including the adoption of a resolution appointing such successor escrow agent.
•Have discussion and action to approve an amendment to the city inspector agreement for the Parks of Aledo residential development project to extend construction inspection services for Phase II.
•Have discussion and action concerning a water meter issue.
•Discuss and consider approval of amendments for FY 2013 Budget.
City Administrator Ken Pfeifer’s report will include improvements to FM 1187/traffic flow and a report from Director of Public Works Gordon Smith report will include updates on Fort Worth water and Aledo Trail.
The city council may meet in executive session to discuss:
1. Cause No. CV10-0429, City of Willow Park v. Todd C. Brennan, et al. v. Parker County Appraisal District, Parker County Appraisal Review Board, City of Aledo, Larry Hammonds in his official capacity as Parker County Appraisal District Director.
2. Appealing the denial of party status in the application of Republic Waste Services of Texas, Ltd. for Municipal Solid Waste Permit No. 2356.