POOLVILLE – The Poolville Junior High Math/Science Team went to the state University Interscholastic League championship competition in San Antonio on Saturday and returned home with two team trophies and several individual trophies and medals.
The Number Sense team won third place in Division 1A. Members were Hannah Megason, Jacob Alvarado, Matt Simmons and Christopher Tunnell.
The Calculator Team won fifth place. Members were Matt Simmons, Tyler Tunnell, Jacob Alvarado and Hannah Megason.
Trophies were given through 10th place and medals were given through 20th place.
Eighth grade places
• Jacob Alvarado was 10th in Number Sense.
• Matt Simmons was fifth in Number Sense, eighth in Calculator and eighth in Mathematics.
• Hannah Megason placed 12th in Number Sense and 20th in Calculator.
Seventh grade place
• Christopher Tunnell finished 19th in Number Sense and 17th in Calculator.
Sixth grade places
• Matt Stewart won second in Science.
• Tyler Tunnell took third in Calculator.
• Logan Spikes finished 10th in Calculator, 14th in Mathematics and fifth in Science.
• Sarah Kelly placed fourth in Number Sense, 11th in Calculator, ninth in Mathematics and third in Science.
Susan Garmon served as the team’s coach, assisted by Megan Elliott.