Many people could improve their diet by eating rich lower protein that is lower in saturated fats. Here are ways to reduce saturated fats in protein rich foods:
• Choose meals made with cooked dry beans and peas, fat-free or low-fat dairy products, egg whites, fish, nuts and seeds.
• Choose lean cuts of red meats such as loin or round cuts and trim off any visible fats.
• Choose ground meat that is 90 to 100 percent lean.
• Discard poultry skin. Breast meat has less fat than dark.
• Eat less bacon and few if any high fat meats such as fatty cuts of beef, pork and lamb, hot dogs, bologna slices or sausages.
• Limit intake of high-fat dairy products including cream and whole milk, ice cream and cheeses.
• Choose lower fat versions of processed meats and dairy products.
• Keep foods lean by draining fat during cooking and choosing to bake, broil, roast, poach, boil, grill or pan-fry without added fat.