By KATHY SMITH
Valentine’s Day is Friday. The stores have been stocked with decorations, candy and cards since the first of January. This is a good time to think of ways to share love and caring with family and friends. Consider ways your family can celebrate together.
Some fun ways you can show your love and care include these ideas:
• Make note cards or use Post-It-Notes to leave messages on mirrors, in lunches and other special places.
• Make candy bar wrappers for candy to give with a special thought or message. Consider using miniature bars as well.
• Plan a special time with each family member or special friend during the week of Valentine’s Day. It may include baking, sports, crafts, going to a movie or any special treat that the person likes.
• Make special treats such as cookies in the shape of hearts and kisses, wrap them in foil and add a special message. This would be a nice idea for teachers, family members or co-workers.
• Make special foods on Valentine’s Day or when you celebrate. Foods in the shape of hearts and cupids can include pancakes, cookies, cake, sandwiches, pizza, pudding and Jell-O.
• Make valentine’s to share with school friends, neighbors and family. Handmade items are always special.
• Valentine’s Day is also a time to support healthy habits with your family and friends. Our hearts need different activities to stay healthy.
• Hearts need physical activity. We need to aim for one hour of exercise each day. Take time to love your heart and help your family by walking, doing jumping jacks, participating in a heart relay and other fun activities.
• Hearts need friends. Make time to spend time with your friends. Call them up, visit them. Talk with them and listen.