• Basic tool kit: Include a screwdriver, hacksaw, axe, wrench, hammer and pliers.
• Personal hygiene items: Include a washcloth, bath towel, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste.
• Sturdy shoes and extra clothes: To avoid injury from debris, use closed-toe shoes.
• Insect repellent: Any brand will work.
• Photocopies of credit and identification cards.
• Cash and coins.
• Cleaning supplies: 5-gallon bucket with lid, 82-ounce bleach, scouring pads, sponges, scrub brush, cleaning towels, liquid laundry detergent, household cleaner, disinfectant dish soap, clothes pins, 100 feet of clothesline, five masks with an N-95 rating; two pairs of latex gloves; one pair of working gloves; roll of large heavy-duty trash bags, and air freshener.