- Farm & Ranch
Local youth wins Calf Scramble at Fort Worth Stock Show Rodeo
FORT WORTH — Jacob Sheffield of Weatherford, Texas, a Perrin FFA member, was among the winners in the Calf Scramble event during the Feb. 4 evening performance of the Rodeo at the 114th edition of the Southwestern Exposition and Livestock Show.
Harry and the hog
Many of us took a meats course in college or have dressed wild game and have a basic understanding of how it gets from the pasture to the plate. Harry is not one of us, in that regard.
- County fairs, why? “Most people just don’t get it,” said Ron, bemoaning the urban politicians that continue to whittle away at funding for county fairs and the ag extension service. “It’s all about the kids learning real life.”
- 2010 Stock Show parade winners announced FORT WORTH — The Fort Worth Stock Show’s annual All-Western Parade through downtown posted 212 entries and included 1,774 total animals, reports Philip Schutts, Stock Show Executive Committee Member and Parade Chairman.
- Black’s “Common Sense” visits Tarleton STEPHENVILLE — He was only on stage for about an hour, but in that short time he whooped and hollered, fell to the ground, changed hats (twice) and kept people laughing.
- The runaway stage If ever there was a suspicious story, thought the insurance adjuster …
- Hark the Herald Angel moments There is a frequently told story by cowmen and veterinarians since herdsmen discovered fire. As I listened to a Georgia farmer recount his own personal version, I found myself imagining how the cow would feel?There is a frequently told story by cowmen and veterinarians since herdsmen discovered fire. As I listened to a Georgia farmer recount his own personal version, I found myself imagining how the cow would feel?
- Wind power, dairy digesters on tap at renewable energy forum in Stephenville AUSTIN — Experts on renewable energy from across the state will gather in Stephenville in late January for a forum on how rural communities and agriculture in Texas can benefit from developing wind power, solar power, biomass and other forms of renewable energy.
- Good deeds gone awry Most of us in our daily lives have occasion to be a good Samaritan
- Winter weather can stress livestock, calves for weeks USAgNet — Severe winter weather places stress on livestock herds that can dampen their immune response and lead to potential losses.
- More Farm & Ranch Headlines
- Local youth wins Calf Scramble at Fort Worth Stock Show Rodeo