- Farm & Ranch
- A glimmer of hope for the wild horses It’s been a long time since I’ve felt anything but sadness for the wild horses.
- Texas Department of Agriculture seeks communities to participate in rural internship program AUSTIN — Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples announced today the Texas Department of Agriculture is seeking proposals from communities interested in participating in the Texas Rural Internship Program.
The National Cutting Horse Association announces 2009 Borden Milk/NCHA Futurity Champions.
FORT WORTH — The National Cutting Horse Association’s 23-day Futurity concluded Dec. 13.
The event, sponsored by Borden Milk, began Nov. 21, and more than 1,800 entries sought after a share of the $4 million purse.
- International goat sensation There is a parable of the International Goat Sensation. A story about a boy and his goat.
- Parker County locals recognized by United States Eventing Association WEATHERFORD — Weatherford, Texas, was well represented at the recent United States Eventing Association 50th Anniversary annual meeting and convention held recently in Reston, Va.
- Millsap horse wins Futurity FORT WORTH — Tony Piggott and Rockin W marked a record-tying 229 Sunday night in front of a standing room only crowd to win the Open Finals of the $4 million Borden Milk NCHA Futurity in Fort Worth.
- TSCRA Special Rangers investigate Dublin cattle theft STEPHENVILLE — A Dublin man turned himself in to the Erath County Sheriff’s Office last Friday after he was accused of stealing six head of cattle from a Dublin rancher.
- Christmas gift exchange on the farm The week before Christmas the farmer announced to the animals that he would not be giving them the traditional cheese and sausage box
- The Luddites The anti-progress Luddites have taken some serious blows in the last six months.
- National Finals Rodeo: A surprising look from a horse’s viewpoint What do the barrel horses, team roping, calf roping and steer wrestling horses think about rodeo? You might be surprised.
- More Farm & Ranch Headlines