- Gallery owner helps children with art WICHITA FALLS, Texas (AP) — On the sidewalk in front of her Brook Village art gallery, Rachel Liles scribbled a line from Picasso in bright yellow chalk.
- Couple turns to green power for their home HOUSTON (AP) — A Bach fugue spills into the high-ceilinged home of Dan and Adele Hedges. Crisp but welcoming, it's the perfect aural counterpoint to a place that softens sharp angles with warm woods and sunshine.
- Inmates learn art, companionship DALLAS (AP) — Tiny paper patches of red, lavender and turquoise were the only flashes of color in the locked room except for the gray and green outfits mandated by the state.
- Artist spearheads Texas border fort restoration SAN YGNACIO, Texas (AP) — Legends differ on the origins of the sundial over the arched gateway of the 1830s Trevino Fort, a cluster of timeworn buildings on the banks of the Rio Grande.
- North Texas botanical gardens a walk to enjoy WEATHERFORD, Texas (AP) — While Clark Gardens Botanical Park receives wide acclaim in its ninth public year, you might be surprised to find its co-founder, Max Clark, digging in the dirt on any given day.
- Teen learns how to deal with bees TYLER, Texas (AP) — Sixteen-year-old Kellie Lenamond pulls on her white bee suit and dons long leather gloves and a gauzy veil.
Painting a picture of hard times
SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) — Treasures?
Lelia Pate finds them everywhere: estate sales, auctions, antique shops.
- Texans comfort each other in bouts with cancer JACKSONVILLE, Texas (AP) — By looking at them you wouldn't think Drew Durrett and Helen Davis have much in common — other than working at Southern Multifoods Inc. together for about a decade.
- Students build racer with difference HOUSTON (AP) — Off campus, she's just another driver in an anonymous Toyota Corolla.
- Truckers chapel helps spread the Lord’s message. LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) — On a recent Sunday, inside what may be Lubbock’s smallest church, the Yamaha keyboard was set to demo like always. It was playing itself softly. There was a preacher there, a deacon, the preacher’s wife, and a reporter and a journalism student following the reporter for a class assignment.
- More Features Headlines