Bledsoe, Pittman plan June nuptials
Roger Bledsoe, of West Point, Ga., and Caroline Worthington. of Jacksboro, Texas, are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Courtney Adele Bledsoe, to Clinton Lee Pittman, son of Mr. and Mrs. Rodney Pittman, of Peaster.
- Benefit combines singing, guests for special cause
- Cookbook to benefit breast cancer
- Safety tips for the holidays CALIFORNIA — Ahhh, the holidays…easily the busiest time of the year. But while you’re occupied with cooking and entertaining, it’s important to keep a watchful eye on your pets to ensure their safety.
- Expecting? Stork parking convenient, controversial BETHEL PARK, Pa. (AP) — Like a high-noon shootout in the old West, I raced toward the empty ‘‘stork’’ parking space at my local grocery store and found myself bumper to bumper with another mom driving a large gold SUV.
- Dealing with a boss with bad behavior When U.S. pole vaulter Jenn Stuczynski came in second place to Russia’s Yelena Isinbayeva at the Olympics, many coaches would have praised her for coming in second only to a world champion who won 14 consecutive major competitions since 2003. But instead her coach Rick Suhr blasted her by dismissing her accomplishment with the words: “It’s the same old, same old,” and even NBC commentators were shocked by his accusatory words, asking: “Didn’t she just win the silver medal? Where’s the joy?”
- A family's first dog I was watching the Westminster Dog Show this week, the Terrier group to be specific, and was reminded for the first time in many years of my first dog, Sandy.
- Gardening is the purest of human pleasures
- Pet industry is unleashed When I was growing up we always had dogs. Life as a dog owner was simple then, consisting of the joy of just having them around, making sure you had a secure fence, keeping them watered and fed and current on their shots
- Gardening is the purest of human pleasures Sink your teeth into an apple right off the tree that is so fresh and juicy that it crunches and squirts flavor. There are varieties that perform well in hot, dry climates such as ours. Gala and Fuji apple trees are self-fruitful and grow well in this area.
- More Lifestyles Headlines
- Bledsoe, Pittman plan June nuptials