— Avi T. Deshmukh, MD, FACS, MBA, MHSM will be opening his urology office in Weatherford at 831 E. Eureka St. on Aug. 1 under the business name of North Central Texas Urology Associates PLLC.
Dr. Deshmukh provides urologic care to a wide area and population of Weatherford, Mineral Wells, Granbury, Stephenville, Eastland, Cisco, Springtown, Azle, Willow Park and Aledo. He said he is excited to be part of these communities and believes that by centering his practice in Weatherford he will be better able to serve all of the patient needs in Weatherford and the surrounding counties.
After surgical and urology residency, Dr. Avi Deshmukh served in the Air Force as a chairman of the urology department as well as a flight surgeon. To further his credentials he went on to do a fellowship in lithotripsy in Munich, West Germany, and a micro vascular fellowship at Bethesda, Md.
Upon his honorable discharge from the Air Force, he started serving the urologic needs of residents of North Central Texas through his main office in Stephenville. During his busy practice he accomplished acquiring his MBA, and MHSM (Masters in Health Systems Management) through Texas Wesleyan University by attending night school. He graduated summa cum laude. These credentials allow him to better understand the new health care economics and policies.
As a board certified urologist in both adult and pediatric urology, Dr. Deshmukh provides urologic care for the whole family. Dr. Deshmukh believes in quality care with a compassionate approach to patient needs. To best serve his patients’ urologic needs he uses Weatherford Regional Medical Center, which offers well trained staff, the latest equipment for surgical procedures and an exceptional environment for patient care.
Dr. Deshmukh’s wife, Sharene Richardson, is a health-care specialist and works at Texas Health Resources and the University of Texas at Southwestern Medical School. His twin sons attend All Saints school and he resides in Annetta. He also maintains a residence in Stephenville to attend to his patient needs in that community.
Dr. Deshmukh’s goal is to maintain a state of excellence with the best and latest technologies in surgical treatments in his practice and he is well prepared to accomplish these goals.
Donna Kerr is the manager of North Central Texas Urology and brings 20 years of management experience to the office. Her knowledge, experience, and management skills are valuable assets to Dr. Deshmukh’s practice.
• Prostate Conditions (BPM)
• Prostate (Surgery) Laser, Thermotherapy
• Kidney Stone – Lithotripsy, Lithotripsy with laser
• Cystoscopy and related complex procedures
• Hematuria evaluation and management
• Urinary Tract evaluation and management
• Male voiding dysfunction
• Impotence evaluation and management
• Bladder Stone treatment
• Prostate Cancer evaluation and management
• Kidney Cancer evaluation and management
• Bladder Cancer evaluation and management
• Testicular Cancer evaluation and management
• Recurring UTI’s evaluation and management
• Male infertility evaluation and management
• Andropause evaluation and management
• Urinary Incontinence – Male sling, Interstim therapy
• Management of obstructed kidney
• UTI evaluation and management
• Urinary incontinence evaluation and management (bladder slings, TOT, TVT)
• Correction of Prolapse, Cystocele, Enterocele, Rectocele (latest technology)
• Pelvic floor medicine
• Urodynamic testing
• Overactive bladder. Exercise therapy, interstim-modulation therapy
• Kidney and Ureteral - stones
• Bladder stones. Laser lithotripsy
• Hematuria evaluation and management
• Blocked kidney evaluation and management
• Bladder and kidney cancer evaluation and management
• Undescended testies evaluation and management
• Hernia evaluation and management
• Recurrent UTI evaluation and management
• Vesico-ureteral reflux evaluation and management