From Staff Reports
One Parker County incumbent has a drawn an opponent two weeks into the filing period for the March 2014 primary.
Incumbent Jenny Barnwell, appointed by county commissioners in June, and Dedra Vick have filed to run as the Republican candidate for the position of country treasurer.
Anne M. Hollis has filed to run for the position of Justice of the Peace Precinct 3, currently held by Suzie Merkley.
Other incumbents who have filed to run as Republicans include:
• County Judge Mark Riley.
• County Commissioner Precinct 2 Craig Peacock.
• County Commissioner Precinct 4 Dusty Renfro.
• District Clerk Sharena Gilliland.
• County Court at Law No. 1 Judge Jerry Buckner.
• County Clerk Jeane Brunson.
• Justice of the Peace Precinct 1 Wayne Hayes.
• Justice of the Peace Precinct 2 Kelly Green.
• Justice of the Peace Precinct 4 Lynn Marie Johnson.
• Republican County Chair Zan Prince.
Incumbent state representative Phil King and incumbent state senator Craig Estes have also filed, as well.
The filing deadline for candidates is Dec. 9 and the primary election will be held March 4.