The Greater Fort Worth Affiliate of Susan G. Komen is one of 123 affiliates of the parent organization. Chartered in July of 1992 by Rozanne Rosenthal, in honor of her close friend and three-time breast-cancer-survivor Joan Katz, the Greater Fort Worth Affiliate uses 75 percent of all money raised to fund treatment and prevention projects for women in Tarrant, Parker, Johnson and Hood counties. The remaining 25 percent raised goes toward national research initiatives to find the cures.
To date, Komen Greater Fort Worth has raised more than $21 million for breast cancer treatment, prevention and research.
For more information, visit www.komengreaterfw.org.