By CHRISTIN COYNE
A Parker County man was indicted last week by a Parker County grand jury on a first-degree felony charge of continuous sexual abuse of a child after a young girl alleged he sexually assaulted her numerous times over a period of years.
In addition to the continuous sexual abuse of a child charge, the grand jury indicted Charles Holbrook, 33, on two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and two counts of indecency with a child by sexual assault.
According to the arrest warrant affidavit filed with Justice of the Peace Kelly Green, the child told Child Protective Services early in December that Holbrook began raping and sexually assaulting her when she was around the age of 5 and that the abuse continued for years, until August.
She stopped counting the number of incidents, she reportedly told investigators.
“‘I am not going to straight up deny it but I am not going to own up to it,’” Holbrook told investigators, according to Parker County Sheriff’s Office investigator Patrick Snell’s statement.
Holbrook remained in the Parker County Jail as of Tuesday with bond set at $50,000, according to jail records.
Other returned indictments from last week include:
• Chazman Dontrell Allen, organized retail theft.
• Christopher Ross Andrew, evading arrest or detention with a vehicle.
• William Darrell Cain Jr., unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.
• Stephen James Curry, assault with a previous conviction of a family member.
• Jason Joel Friddle, possession of a controlled substance, less than 1 gram.
• Terisha Lamell Fuller, organized retail theft, more than $500, less than $1,500.
• Adam John Goras III, burglary of a building.
• Jerry Lynn Green, theft of property, more than $20,000, less than $100,000.
• Eric Alberto Hernandez, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
• Karl Donavan Nethken, evading arrest or detention with a vehicle.
• Ronnie Dale Prentice, possession of a controlled substance, more than 4 grams, less than 200 grams.