From Staff Reports
With filing closing Dec. 9, several people filed to run against Republican incumbents in the March primary election.
Incumbent Parker County Judge Mark Riley will face off against Cary McKay.
Steve Dugan, Fred Hammons and incumbent Dusty Renfro have filed to run for the Parker County Commissioner Precinct 4 position.
County clerk incumbent Jeane Brunson faces challenger Paula Hawkins Durant.
Recently appointed county treasurer incumbent Jenny Barnwell is opposed by Dedra Vick.
Bernard R. Suchocki is running against Justice of the Peace Precinct 4 incumbent Lynn Marie Johnson.
Greg Martin also filed to join Anne M. Hollis, Dusty Vinson and Jerry L. Hataway in the race for the Justice of the Peace Precinct 3 position being vacated by Judge Suzie Merkley.
Local unopposed candidates include:
• County Court-at-Law No. 1 Judge Jerry Buckner.
• District Clerk Sharena Gilliland.
• County Commissioner Precinct 2 Craig Peacock.
• Justice of the Peace Precinct 1 Wayne Hayes.
• Justice of the Peace Precinct 2 Kelly Green.