Weatherford Democrat

May 2, 2013

Heater fire leaves three homeless in Springtown


Weatherford Democrat

— From Staff Reports

SPRINGTOWN – A Springtown family was displaced Thursday morning after a suspected heater malfunction fire destroyed a house in the 600 block of North Main Street.

“It was a young mother and her 3-month-old child in the house,” Parker County Assistant Fire Marshal Frank Watson said. “She turned the heater on and it made some arcing noise, started sparking and caught fire.”

She and the baby were out of the house before firefighters from ESD No. 1 Springtown and La Junta departments, as well as Azle Fire Department, arrived.

The Red Cross was called to assist the three residents living in the small home. 

“I’m just really glad no one was hurt,” Watson said.