Firefighters were able to limit fire’s damage to the three-bedroom house and save some of the family’s property and personal items, ESD No. 3 Chief Pat English said.
Firefighters, responding from departments in Hudson Oaks, Weatherford, Aledo and Willow Park, faced difficulty accessing the fire, which had spread to the attic by the time they arrived, according to English. They ended up unscrewing a portion of the metal roof and pulling it back to extinguish the fire.
Hannah Egger said both she and her husband and the four children living in the house were not at home at the time of the fire.
She was told the fire likely started as an electrical issue in the kitchen, Egger said. However, Assistant Fire Marshal Lanny Padgett declined to comment on the suspected cause of the fire.
The Red Cross also responded to the scene to assist.