— By CHRISTIN COYNE
A Parker County grand jury indicted a man and woman accused of attempting to obtain drugs by presenting false prescriptions at Parker County pharmacies in December.
The grand jury handed down two indictments against Lora Donette Rangel, 44, and Michael Ray Thomas, 33, charged with a total of four counts each of fraudulent possession of a controlled substance/prescription.
A pharmacy technician at a Weatherford pharmacy contacted the Weatherford-Parker County Special Crimes Unit on Dec. 10 regarding a woman attempting to obtain hydrocodone and Xanax.
When the woman’s driver’s license didn’t match the name on the prescription and the woman could not remember her phone number, the pharmacy contacted the Dallas doctor, who reportedly stated she had no patient with that name and that the prescriptions were fraudulent, according to a probable cause affidavit.
An SCU officer advised the pharmacist to fill the prescription.
Law enforcement officers then followed the vehicle the woman was in from the store to another pharmacy, where Rangel went inside and reportedly attempted to obtain hydrocodone and Xanax with a different first name on the prescription.
Rangel was arrested inside the store while Thomas was arrested in the parking lot.
Weatherford police reportedly observed Thomas filling out additional prescriptions by hand before the officer arrested him.
Additional filled prescriptions for hydrocodone and Xanax were also located in the vehicle. The drugs had been obtained under a similar name from a Hudson Oaks pharmacy that day, according to the probably cause affidavit.
Other prescriptions were reportedly located in the vehicle, as well.
Other indictments returned Feb. 6 included:
• Paula Marie Beck, injury to a child/elderly/disabled.
• James William Curtis Jr., theft of property, more than $1,500, less than $20,000.
• Nathan Thomas Daniel, possession of a controlled substance, less than a gram.
• Sarah Elizabeth Ford, possession of a controlled substance, less than a gram.
• Mandi Lea Hamilton, theft of property, more than $1,500, less than $20,000.
• Robert Rene Hardin, possession of a controlled substance, less than a gram.
• Austin Michael Jorjorian, theft of property, more than $1,500, less than $20,000.
• Billy Earl McKelvy, driving while intoxicated, third or more offense.
• Krystal Rayanne Morton, interfering with child custody.
• Dorothy Gaye Overton, possession of a controlled substance, less than a gram.
• Timothy Ruben Pruitt, theft of property, less than $1,500 with two or more convictions, enhanced.
• Timothy Ruben Pruitt, evading arrest or detention with a previous conviction.
• David Reese Rochelle, driving while intoxicated, third or more offense.
• Kathleen Faye Teater, theft of property, less than $1,500, with two or more convictions.
• Kari Michell Williams, possession of a controlled substance, less than a gram.
• Terry Allen Wilson, injury to a child/elderly/disabled with intent to cause bodily injury.
• Barry Mort York Jr., criminal mischief, impairing a public service, less than $20,000.