• Lunch meal pricing equity increase for 2013-14 (25-cent increase for adult meals)
• One-year lease agreement with Texas Neighborhood Services.
• School Health Advisory Council annual report.
• Mandatory closure of administrative offices for the week of June 30-July 4 and “early release” days for 2013-14.
• Interlocal fiber agreement with the City of Weatherford (cost savings over a traditional T1 phone line connection is in excess of 40 percent and the fiber connection is hundreds of times faster than a traditional copper connection).
• Personnel: Kelli Maikell (teacher, Birdville ISD) Ikard Elementary Assistant principal; Erin Griffin (teacher, Aledo ISD), Ninth Grade Center assistant principal; Lyle Lackey (teacher/coach, Mansfield ISD), WHS assistant principal; Jaclyn Lisle (Martin Elementary Counselor, WISD), Martin Elementary assistant principal.
Media Honor Roll
Six members of the Weatherford media were named to the 2013 Texas Association of School Board’s Media Honor Roll for their fair and balanced reporting of Weatherford ISD news.
Melissa Winn (Weatherford Telegram), Sally Sexton and Greg Webb (Weatherford Democrat), Randy Keck (The Community News) and Brent Baker and Dave Cowley (89.5 KYQX-FM) are among 380 Texas newspapers, radio and television stations, and online publications to be honored by their local school districts.
In order to be selected for the Media Honor Roll, these individuals must get to know the Superintendent, the Board President, and the District’s mission and goals; they must report school news in a fair and balanced manner; give a high profile to positive news about WISD schools; visit the schools; and maintain a policy of no surprises by sharing information with school officials.
The next regular-scheduled WISD Board meeting is July 18 beginning at 7 p.m. in the District Services Building boardroom.