By CHRISTIN COYNE
A man was taken to the hospital with minor burns and smoke inhalation following a house fire Tuesday evening near Springtown.
The fire destroyed a double-wide mobile home on Canyon Valley Lane around 7 p.m., according to firefighters.
The two residents were not at home at the time the fire started but came home to find house on fire, according to a statement from Joel Kertok, a spokesman for the Parker County Fire Marshal’s Office.
The man was reported burned while attempting to put out the fire prior to the arrival of firefighters and was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Azle.
One firefighter was treated at the scene for overheating, according to Kertok.
The house was reported to be a total loss.
The couple was reportedly using multiple window air conditioning units to cool the house due a non-operational central AC unit.
A preliminary investigation indicated the cause of the fire was likely due to an overloaded circuit, according to a statement from Kertok.