2. Divide the people into hostile groups by constantly harping on controversial matters of no importance.
3. Destroy the people’s faith in their natural leaders by holding the latter up to contempt, ridicule and disgrace.
4. Always preach true democracy, but seize power as fast and as ruthlessly as possible.
5. By encouraging government extravagance, destroy its credit, produce fear of inflation with rising prices and general discontent.
6. Incite unnecessary strikes in vital industries, encourage civil disorders and foster a lenient and soft attitude on the part of government toward such disorders.
7. By specious argument, cause the breakdown of the old moral virtues – honesty, sobriety, self-restraint, faith in the pledged word, ruggedness.
C. Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with a view of confiscating them and leaving the population helpless.
That is quite a list, isn’t it? Now - stop to think – how many of these rules are being carried out in this nation today?