— Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth’s Wellness for Life mobile health unit will offer screening mammograms for the Weatherford community on Thursday at the Weatherford Animal Shelter, 403 Hickory Lane, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Each screening will take approximately 15-20 minutes, including a four-view screening mammogram and breast health education. Mammograms are read by a board-certified radiologist, and the results are sent to the patient and her physician.
Women who are eligible for the mammograms must:
• Be age 40 and over.
• Not have breast implants.
• Have no personal history of breast cancer.
• Have no known breast lumps or breast problems.
• Not be pregnant or nursing or have nursed in the past six months.
• Not have had a mammogram in the past 12 months.
Those interested can register by calling 855-318-7696. Appointments are limited and financial assistance is available for those who qualify.