• Sue Casey, computer science instructor at Weatherford College.
“Dr. Sue Casey is the pinnacle of a great teacher, one who exemplifies the qualities as an outstanding educator, mentor, and leader. She is a passionate and dedicated educator with a deep commitment to closing the academic achievement gap and helping all of her students achieve at high levels. As an instructor at Weatherford College, Sue worked tirelessly to help her students learn, grow, and achieve their dreams. Dr. Casey is extremely organized. She spends time giving detailed feedback for the assignments in class and online in order to help everyone track their mistakes and learn from them immediately.”
Other 2012-13 honorees of the Jack Harvey Fellowship Awards of Exemplary Teaching were:
• Alvord ISD – Melissa Nivens, grades 9-12, English Language Arts.
• Azle ISD – Jeniffer Shearer, Spanish, grades 9-12.
• Birdville ISD – Katrina Reeves, grades 6-8, Reading.
• Bowie ISD – Shawna Tomlin, grade two.
• Boyd ISD – Nelda Cope, grade five, Math and Science.
• Bridgeport ISD – Kay Short, grades six-eight, ESL.
• Burleson ISD – Cara Beth Fuhrmeister, grades six-eight, Special Ed/Science.
• Castleberry ISD- Jill Matson, grade four.
• Chico ISD – Linda Duck, grades Pre-K-three, Title I Reading and ESL.
• Decatur ISD – Jim Allsup, grades 9-12, Agriculture/FFA advisor.
• Graford ISD – Heather Thompson, kindergarten.
• Granbury ISD –Kristen Thigpen, grade one.
• Jacksboro ISD – Dori Taylor, grades nine-10, English and World Geography
• Joshua ISD – Amy Chestnut, grades K-6, Reading and Math specialist.
• Lipan ISD –Tawn Perkins, grades 10-12, Math.
• Muenster ISD – Jason Atcheson, grades nine-12, Social Studies.
• Palo Pinto ISD – Danna Reed, grade five.
• Paradise ISD – Bethy Tierce, grade two.
• Perrin-Whitt CISD – Jennifer Spelios, grades three-four, English Language Arts.
• Santo ISD – Monica Van Remmen, grades three-four.
• Slidell ISD- Michael Strickland, grades five-eight, Science.
• Stephenville ISD – Ginger Jones, grade three, Math and Science.
• Tolar ISD- Shawna Green, grade three, Math and Science.