Weatherford Democrat

October 15, 2013

Man arrested after going on rampage

Hudson Oaks man charged with kidnapping, assault

Weatherford Democrat


A Hudson Oaks man has been charged with aggravated kidnapping and aggravated assault after he reportedly abducted his wife at gunpoint last week and fired shots in her boyfriend’s house.

Originally arrested Thursday on charges of burglary of a habitation with intent to commit another felony and criminal mischief, Timothy David Cason Jr., 43, of Hudson Oaks, now faces additional charges of aggravated kidnapping and aggravated assault of a family member with a deadly weapon.

Weatherford police were dispatched Thursday afternoon to a residence in the 100 block of West 2nd Street where a man said a tan suburban had rammed his vehicle, parked in the driveway, into his garage, damaging the vehicle, house and property.

The resident reportedly told police that he was awakened by a loud noise, heard tires squealing and found his garage door, his Chevy Avalanche and band equipment damaged.

He said he saw a gray or tan suburban driving off and found the glass in his front door had been shattered and broken.

A few minutes later, the vehicle pulled up in front of his house and a man got out of the vehicle and began walking towards the house, the resident reportedly told police, adding that he retreated to the back of the house and obtained a knife because he was scared.

The resident said he was in a back bedroom when he heard a man’s voice inside the house yelling, followed by four gun shots.

The resident said he ran out the back door and reached officers who were arriving at the house.

The location of the shell casings and the trajectory of the rounds indicate the suspect was in the living room when the rounds were fired.

The crime scene investigator reportedly found two holes in the dining room table and a hole in the dining room wall and through a beverage cooler where a round struck the refrigerator. The fridge was near the doorway of the room where the man was located when the shots were fired, according to Weatherford police.

The man reportedly told police he believed the intruder was the husband of a woman he had been having an affair with because Cason had been calling his phone all night long making threats and threatening to beat Cason’s wife “half to death.”

Cason’s wife later told police that Cason became aware of the affair the night before and became very angry, violent and drunk, threatening her and the Weatherford resident.

The following day, Cason instructed her to leave work and come home or he would burn the house down, Cason’s wife reportedly told police.

When she arrived home, Cason reportedly pointed a loaded gun at her and forced her to go with him and show him how to get to the Weatherford man’s home.

Cason beat on the man’s front door, possibly breaking the glass, but he did not answer the door, according to Cason’s wife, who said Cason got back in the vehicle and rammed the man’s vehicle into the garage.

Cason drove away, but she was reportedly able to get out of the vehicle on Front Street, according to Weatherford police.

The woman said Cason told her that he was going to burn the man’s house down.

Hudson Oaks police reportedly located the vehicle driven by Cason in Hudson Oaks and found two handguns, including a .40-caliber pistol matching the type of rounds found on the victim’s living room floor.

Cason was released from the Parker County Jail Sunday on $132,500 bond.

The Democrat was unable to reach Cason for comment Tuesday.