Eaton also recognized Ralph Willingham, director of admissions, for having received the 2013 Bill Pearson Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award from the Western Association of Veterans Education Specialists for his contributions to veterans and the associations that serve them.
Additionally, the board:
• Heard an update from Jim Swan of Johnson Controls regarding the energy savings contract: one of two new wells is being dug now, which will enable new irrigation pipes to be tested and dirt closed over soon; new pole lighting has been installed around the campus, and new building lights will be in place by the end of the month.
• Heard an update from Jarrett Jones of Steele & Freeman on the construction of the new Don Allen Health Science Building: the slab was complete as of Thursday, and within the next four weeks new steel supports should be completed.
• Approved contracts with vendors for web and color printing for college publications.
• Reappointed Eaton to serve on the Weatherford Economic Development Authority Board for another two-year term.
• Heard reports on the following: cash balance and financials as of July 31; announcements, including upcoming college events that include the Capital Campaign Victory Celebration and groundbreaking ceremony for the Don Allen Health Science Building on Oct. 10; children’s drama “Cinderella Confidential” on Oct. 18-20 and the fall student photo show, Oct. 18-30.
The next regular meeting of the WC Board of Trustees is scheduled for Oct. 10.