Weatherford Democrat

Top News

December 26, 2013

Man burned in RV fire recovering

By CHRISTIN COYNE

An RV fire south of Weatherford on Christmas left a man, who was sleeping inside the vehicle at the time, with third-degree burns.

The man escaped the burning motor home when family members saw the fire and helped him get out.

Firefighters from Spring Creek VFD, Weatherford Fire Department and Greenwood VFD responded to the fire in the 3800 block of Old Dennis Road around 6:30 p.m. and found the RV on fire, according to ESD No. 6 Chief George Teague, who said one patient was lying on the ground outside when they arrived.

The man had third-degree burns to several parts of his body and was transported to John Peter Smith hospital before being transferred to Parkland hospital in Dallas, according to Teague.

Firefighters said the fire may have started due to a space heater in the residence.

The man’s mother told the Democrat her daughter and her husband saw the smoke from their house nearby and went to the RV.

Her son, Scott Peoples, was attempting to get out and fell out of the motor home when family members were able to get the door loose, she said.

She said she did not yet know the extent of her son’s injuries but said he was alert and talking.

Peoples lost all his possessions in the fire, she said.

1
Text Only
Top News
Must Read
Top News
House Ads
AP Video
Raw: Corruption Trial Begins for Former Va Gov. The Carbon Trap: US Exports Global Warming UN Security Council Calls for Gaza Cease-fire Traditional African Dishes Teach Healthy Eating 13 Struck by Lightning on Calif. Beach Baseball Hall of Famers Inducted Israel, Hamas Trade Fire Despite Truce in Gaza Italy's Nibali Set to Win First Tour De France Raw: Shipwrecked Concordia Completes Last Voyage Raw: Sea Turtle Hatchlings Emerge From Nest Raw: Massive Dust Storm Covers Phoenix 12-hour Cease-fire in Gaza Fighting Begins Raw: Bolivian Dancers Attempt to Break Record Raw: Israel, Palestine Supporters Rally in US Raw: Air Algerie Flight 5017 Wreckage Virginia Governor Tours Tornado Aftermath Judge Faces Heat Over Offer to Help Migrant Kids Kangaroo Goes Missing in Oklahoma More M17 Bodies Return, Sanctions on Russia Grow Raw: Deadly Tornado Hits Virginia Campground
Poll

The City of Weatherford is considering an ordinance that would ban smoking inside restaurants and enclosed areas where food is prepared, sold or consumed. Do you agree with this proposal?

Yes
No
Undecided
Don't care
     View Results