— By BRIAN SMITH
PEASTER — A Peaster ISD employee was electrocuted Thursday morning following an incident in the high school cafeteria.
Peaster ISD Superintendent Matt Adams said Jim Welborn, a first-year employee with the district, was working in the high school cafeteria about 10:15 a.m. performing routine maintenance. Welborn was working on an emergency light with another worker and didn’t realize the light was powered by a separate power source when he was electrocuted.
Adams said Welborn was working in a lift and was not on the ground at the time, which possibly prevented further injury. Welborn, who was said to be alert and conscious afterward, was taken by LifeCare EMS to Weatherford Regional Medical Center.
Adams said Welborn was expected to make a full recovery.