Within the past month, authorities have told Carter to get rid of the debris and Carter repeatedly asked the insurance company to address the matter, Anderson said.
Anderson said they intend to hold the company responsible for the humiliation and embarrassment and arrest.
The cause of the fire that destroyed the 5,600-square-foot house, listed at the time for sale for $1.5 million, remains unknown and the investigation is ongoing, according to the fire marshal’s office.
Carter, who reportedly has a history of heart attacks, claims he blacked out and struck the house with a skid-steer loader and lab results show he was having a heart attack and seizure.
A neighbor who saw the fire reportedly pulled Carter to safety and he was transported to the hospital.
A venting propane line reportedly contributed to the spread of the fire, which leveled the two-story, rock home.