Representatives at the 2014 Ministerial Summit included:
• Canada – The Honorable Julian Fantino, minister of Veterans Affairs.
• New Zealand – The Honorable Michael Woodhouse, minister of Veterans Affairs.
• United Kingdom – The Right Honorable Anna Soubry, minister of State for Defense.
• United States – The Honorable Eric K. Shinseki, secretary of Veterans Affairs.
• Australia – Secretary Simon Lewis, secretary of Veterans Affairs.
Secretary Eric Shinseki stated, “I am pleased to collaborate and share information with our international partners in order to ensure that our veterans have access to quality health care services and benefits they have earned. The discussions that occurred during the Summit, help provide insight into how we can address the complex issues facing today’s veteran sand their families.”
Speak to you again next week. Have a Happy Easter.
Jim Vines is commander of AmVets Post 133.