Crockett Elementary was recognized by WISD Board members at the May 9 meeting for being named a 2012-2013 Title I, Part A Distinguished Schools recipient.
This designation recognizes schools that have consistently demonstrated strong academic performances over a three-year period. Crockett Elementary has received this distinction every year since 2010.
The criteria for Distinguished Performance Schools in Texas include:
• Title I, Part A campus for the past three years.
• Maintained a campus residing population of 40 percent or more low-income in 2012-2013.
• Met AYP in 2011 and 2012.
• Achieved a campus rating in Spring 2011 of Exemplary.
• Achieved a campus rating in Spring 2010 and Spring 2009 of either Exemplary or Recognized.