Weatherford ISD today announced Crockett Elementary School is one of just 211 schools in the state named a Title I, Part A Distinguished Performance Award recipient by the Texas Education Agency.
The award recognizes schools that have consistently demonstrated strong academic performances over a three-year period.
Criteria for becoming a State Distinguished Performance School are:
• Title I, Part A Campus 2010-11, 2011-12, and 2012-13.
• 40 percent or more low-income in 2012-13.
• Met Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) in 2011 and 2012.
• Spring 2011 Exemplary Accountability Rating.
• Spring 2010 Exemplary or Recognized Accountability Rating.
• Spring 2009 Exemplary or Recognized Accountability Rating.
To download a list of all state distinguished schools, go here.