Weatherford Democrat

Top News

May 2, 2013

Heater fire leaves three homeless in Springtown

From Staff Reports

SPRINGTOWN – A Springtown family was displaced Thursday morning after a suspected heater malfunction fire destroyed a house in the 600 block of North Main Street.

“It was a young mother and her 3-month-old child in the house,” Parker County Assistant Fire Marshal Frank Watson said. “She turned the heater on and it made some arcing noise, started sparking and caught fire.”

She and the baby were out of the house before firefighters from ESD No. 1 Springtown and La Junta departments, as well as Azle Fire Department, arrived.

The Red Cross was called to assist the three residents living in the small home. 

“I’m just really glad no one was hurt,” Watson said.

1
Text Only
Top News
Must Read
Top News
House Ads
AP Video
Obama Chides House GOP for Pursuing Lawsuit New Bill Aims to Curb Sexual Assault on Campus Russia Counts Cost of New US, EU Sanctions 3Doodler Bring 3-D Printing to Your Hand Six PA Cops Indicted for Robbing Drug Dealers Britain Testing Driverless Cars on Roadways Raw: Thousands Flocking to German Crop Circle At Least 20 Chikungunya Cases in New Jersey Raw: Obama Eats Ribs in Kansas City In Virginia, the Rise of a New Space Coast Raw: Otters Enjoy Water Slides at Japan Zoo NCAA Settles Head-injury Suit, Will Change Rules Raw: Japanese Soldiers Storm Beach in Exercises Raw: Weapons Fire Hits UN School in Gaza Raw: Rocket Launches Into Space With Cargo Ship Broken Water Main Floods UCLA Two Women Narrowly Avoid Being Hit by Train Crayola Announces Family Attraction in Orlando
Poll

The City of Weatherford is considering an ordinance that would ban smoking inside restaurants and enclosed areas where food is prepared, sold or consumed. Do you agree with this proposal?

Yes
No
Undecided
Don't care
     View Results