— By CHRISTIN COYNE
A fire that destroyed a two-story house off Dennis Road around 10 p.m. Monday was ruled accidental by the Parker County Fire Marshal’s Office.
Two adults and two children who were living in the wood-frame home, located south of Old Brock Road, were not home at the time of the fire, according to Parker County Assistant Fire Marshal Frank Watson.
A passerby called in the fire and by the time firefighters arrived, the fire was coming through the roof, according to Watson.
Firefighters made entry to the home to put out the blaze.
“The firemen had a great save on the house, for what it was, the [pre-fabricated] construction and the fact that it was already ventilating through the roof,” Watson said.
However, the home, which lost the roof, an exterior wall and had water and smoke damage throughout, was considered a total loss.