The top gunner on a B-29 had a full view of the aircraft, from the tail wing and all around the plane. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
This Week's Circulars
- DPS seeking assistance in fatal hit-and-run
- 'My whole family was in that car': Azle family still healing after July 19 wreck
- Rockwall man accused of defrauding dozens through construction company
- Two Fort Worth men arrested in connection with shooting
- PCSP announces new officers
- Investigation underway after man dropped off at hospital with gunshot wound
- Deen says county monitoring hospital capacity, 'not our job to mandate'
- The history behind the 'old Carter church'
- Justice Department sues Texas over Gov. Greg Abbott's order for law enforcement to pull over vehicles with migrants
- Springer announces upcoming town hall in Weatherford