Jay Alcaraz

Jay Alcaraz

Parker County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested Jay Anthony Alcaraz, 46, of Arlington, for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after severely injuring his girlfriend early Wednesday morning, according to a release.

Parker County Sheriff Larry Fowler said sheriff’s deputies were initially called to an assault report stemming from a domestic disturbance around 1:45 a.m., in the 600-block of Old Annetta Road, Aledo.

The 35-year-old female victim and her mother reported Alcaraz arrived at the residence and kicked in the front door of the home, shoving the victim, causing her to hit a wall and injure her back, according to the sheriff's office. The victim also reported Alcaraz also broke a bedroom window during the assault. Alcaraz fled the scene prior to the deputies’ arrival. Patrol deputies canvassed the area searching for Alvaraz, but were unsuccessful in locating him.

Sheriff’s deputies were called back to the residence just before 3 a.m., when Alcaraz returned to the home and wounded the victim with a knife, injuring her severely, according to the release.

Sheriff’s deputies arrived on scene and discovered the victim lying on the floor, bleeding from an 8 to 10-inch knife wound on the left side of her head, according to the release. Deputies, Willow Park officers and Texas Department of Public Safety troopers immediately secured the scene, detained the suspect and rendered medical aid to the victim while paramedics were en route to the scene.

Child Protective Services were routinely contacted due to children being present in the home at the time of the assault, according to the sheriff's office. Alcaraz also slashed five tires of two vehicles belonging to the victim and her mother.

Alcaraz was arrested and booked into the Parker County Jail on first-degree felony charges of aggravated assault family member with a deadly weapon. Sheriff’s deputies are also seeking two additional charges of criminal mischief. As of Wednesday morning, Alcaraz’s bond had not been set.

The victim was transported to a Fort Worth hospital where she was treated for her injuries, and was later released.

Recommended for you