Operation Christmas Child National Collection Week
• Pack a shoebox for a needy child.
• Shoebox drop-off site: Church at the Crossing, 128 Elm St., Aledo
• Drop-off Hours:
Wed: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Thurs, Fri: 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Sat: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Sun: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Mon: 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
• For more information, visit samaritanspurse.org/occnewsroom.
Parker County Heritage Society
• Parker County Heritage Society will meet in the historic home of Martha and Dick Lott at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 18.
• The home is located at 406 W. Columbia St., Weatherford.
Nov. 22, Dec. 20
Rotary Club of Weatherford will sponsor the Weatherford Food Hub at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 22 and Dec. 20 at Weatherford Public Library, 1014 Charles Street. Produce bags are $5 each (cash only) and contain 15 or more pieces of fresh fruits and vegetables. There is no limit or prequalification to participate, everyone welcome. The mission of this project is to make fresh produce affordable and accessible to all. The Weatherford Food Hub will resume the second Saturday of each month starting in January.
• Benefits Zeb Montgomery, an Aledo Middle School student diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia
• 1 mile at 8 a.m., 5k at 8:30 a.m.
• 505 South Point Court, Aledo
• Registration fee $25 adults, $15 for kids by Nov. 20; $5 more after Nov. 20.
• Packet pickup Race Day, registration table opens 7:30 a.m.
Be in Control of Your Purse Strings
• Women’s Business Alliance Luncheon
• 11:30 a.m.
• Fairfield Inn and Suites, 175 Alford, Weatherford
• Fran Trussell, tax and accounting professional, Snow Garrett Williams
• Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, Fort Worth Chapter of Certified Public Accountants
• Sponsored by Mary Helen McDow, First Financial Brokerage.
• Register online at: www.eastparkerchamber.com.
Through Dec. 11
• Toys for Tots, sponsored by U.S. Marine Corps Reserves.
• Wanted: New unwrapped toys for infants through 16-year-olds
• Drop off point: Annetta City Hall, Thunder Head Lane, near Stuard Elementary
• Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays through Dec. 11.
• Discount from IDC Burgers, at 401 S. FM Road 1187, in exchange for Toys for Tots cash receipt.
Tools for Parenting classes
• Offered by Texas AgriLife Extension Service of Parker County
• Nov. 24 and Nov. 25.
• The topic will be Courageous Parenting with Jim Morrow as lecturer.
• Includes: Parenting Pyramid, Tactical Communication, Having a Heart of Peace and Not War and Secrets of a Happy Family.
• Nutrition series includes Three Easy Bites that Won’t Weight You Down, lessons on healthy eating for children and family.
• Pre-register by Nov. 21 by calling the Parker County Extension office at 817-598-6168 or emailing email@example.com.
Nov. 22-Dec. 23
• The Polar Express: the IMAX® Experience
• The Omni Theater, Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
• Tickets $9 for adults, $8 children (2-12) and seniors,
• Show times and ticket information on the Museum’s website www.fortworthmuseum.org or by phone at 817-255-9540.
Free Thanksgiving dinner
• A free Thanksgiving Dinner will be served at Hutch’s Pie and Sandwich Shop, 145 College Park Drive, Weatherford, on Thanksgiving Day from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for those who are financially struggling or would otherwise be alone.
• Cans of corn, green beans, jellied cranberry sauce, stove top stuffing, pies and about 12 turkeys are needed. Super Save will donate hams.
• Walmart and Brookshire’s have donated $100 each, which will be used to purchase plates, napkins, cups, tea, coffee and eating utensils.
• Donations may be picked up or dropped off at Hutch’s.
• Contact Cynthia Davis, volunteer director of Appletree Ministries, at 817-565-8765 for more information.
Parker County Women’s and Newcomers Club
• The Parker County Women’s and Newcomers Club will meet at First United Methodist Church, 301 S. Main, Weatherford, in the Life Center.
• Featured speaker is Judie Byrd, founder of the Fort Worth Culinary School, food writer for Fort Worth Magazine and author of several books.
• She will show attendees how to make some of her holiday treats.
• Networking and Club shopping will start at 9:30 a.m. with the meeting starting at 10:30 a.m..
• To reserve a $10 lunch, call 817-549-7708 by Dec. 7. For more information about the club, visit www.pcwnc.org.
• Guests welcome.
Second Thursday monthly
Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group
• The Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group welcomes anyone caring for someone with Alzheimer’s Disease or some other form of dementia.
• The group meets from 1 p.m.- 3 p.m. the second Thursday of each month at Aledo United Methodist Church.
• While the caregiver attends the support group, a new program provides a stimulating, loving and safe community environment for the dementia patient.
• Activities such as music and games are led by volunteers and hospice professionals.
• For more information, contact Trudy Smith at 817-441-8329.