Starting Wednesday, candidates may begin filing to run for local school boards and city councils in the May elections.
At least 11 Parker County governmental entities are having elections in May. Filing ends on Feb. 14, and election day is May 2.
On the Weatherford City Council, Place 1 and Place 2 are open to file on for the May election. These spots are currently held by Mayor Pro Tem Heidi Wilder and Council member Jeff Robinson.
Place 6 and Place 7 on the Weatherford ISD board of trustees are open for candidate filings. These spots are currently occupied by President Mike Guest and Trustee Tiffany Fowler.
For the Hudson Oaks City Council, filing will commence for the positions of mayor, Place 1 and Place 3. These spots are currently held by Mayor Marc Povero, Place 1 Council member Tom Marquardt and Place 3 Council member Marty Schrantz.
Aledo residents can file for mayor and city council spots Place 2 and Place 4. These positions are currently held by Mayor Kit Marshall, Place 2 Council member Matt Ribitzki and Place 4 Council member Kimberly Hiebert.
The following positions are also open for filing:
• City of Willow Park City Council Places 3, 4 and 5: These spots are currently occupied by Greg Runnebaum in Place 3, Lea Young in Place 4 and Gary McKaughan in Place 5.
• Aledo ISD board of trustees Place 6 and 7: These spots are currently occupied by Julie Turner in Place 6 and Hoyt Harris in Place 7.
• City of Peaster mayor and two commissioners: These spots are currently occupied by Mayor Don Smelley, Commissioner Paul Casey and Commissioner Gerald Hobson.
• Peaster ISD board of trustees: Two spots, currently held by President Mike Bowling and Trustee Chuck Bratcher, on PISD’s school board are available for candidate filings.
• City of Millsap mayor and two aldermen: These spots are currently occupied by Mayor Jaime French, Alderman Teresa Howard and Alderman Stella Casey.
• Millsap ISD board of trustees: Three spots, currently held by Vice President Mike Burton, Trustee Morgan Williams and Trustee Allen Williams, on MISD’s school board are available for candidate filings.
• Springtown ISD board of trustees Place 4 and Place 5: These spots are currently held by President Amy Walker and Secretary Jody Lowery.