Mineral Wells ISD announced that it's varsity and JV football games would be canceled this week after several Rams players tested positive for COVID-19.
"We received word last night of three positive COVID-19 tests among Rams JV and varsity football players," according to a statement from the district. "This brings the total number of lab-confirmed positive Rams football players to four."
Since there are no known cases currently on the freshman team, that game will still take place as scheduled.
"We will do contact tracing today to identify individuals who have been in close contact with infected students," according to the district. "We will deep clean the field house, weight room, and athletic locker rooms today and will re-evaluate things this weekend regarding next week’s football activities."
This Week's Circulars
- MWHS starting remote learning Tuesday after COVID spike
- Motorcyclist killed in Sunday night wreck on 281
- Parker County Crimestoppers Crime of the Week: Burglary of building
- Mineral Wells man arrested after pointing gun at woman, shooting ground
- Willow Park city councilwoman resigns to pursue new opportunity
- Concerns raised against Poolville candidate; Jennings: 'I've never hid from anything'
- Senate District 30 candidates address top issues facing Texas
- Friday Night Forecast: Weatherford, Aledo prep for faceoff at Globe Life Park
- AISD officials speak out against charter school approvals
- Weatherford council requests more county support utilizing sales tax revenue