King Arthur Court fire

Weatherford firefighters Thursday afternoon worked to extinguish a fire that heavily damaged a home in the 100 block of King Arthur Court. 

The fire is suspected to have been caused by a heat lamp on the back porch, according to Weatherford Fire Marshal Bob Hopkins, who said the cause of the fire is still under investigation. 

"This happens every year," Hopkins said. "Almost every year we have fires from heat lamps. You know, people just trying to take care of their animals the best way they can."

The fire had spread to the attic of the single-story, brick home by the time firefighters arrived on scene, Hopkins said. 

At one point, firefighters had to pull out of the house due to the extent of the fire. 

The homeowners, Tyler and Jenny London, were not home at the time of the blaze. Their dogs were outside and were reported to be OK. 

Trending Video

Recommended for you