MILLSAP — The Millsap Bulldogs took a lead over the Paradise Panthers with 6:37 to play in the second quarter and never looked back en route to a 68-58 win at Millsap Gymnasium in Millsap Friday night.
The Bulldogs had no trouble scoring as three players reached double figures in scoring.
Kole Flowers led the way for the Bulldogs with 15 points, while Brice Fluitt and Tanner Riggs added 14 and 12 points respectively.
While Millsap was in control of the game from the second quarter on, Paradise was able to mount a charge late in the fourth quarter that saw them draw within eight points of the lead with 1:32 to play in the game.
The Bulldogs were able to thwart the comeback attempt by the Panthers with physical play by Riggs and clutch free-throw shooting by every player that toed the line in the final period.
Paradise had two players reach double figure sin scoring, with Bradley Bryant and Cody Hambrick each scoring 13 points.
Millsap takes on Eastland in Millsap Tuesday with games starting at 4 p.m.
Millsap 68, Paradise 58
Paradise 16 13 9 20 — 58
Millsap 12 24 14 18 — 68
PARADISE — Bradley Bryant 13, Cody Hambrick 13, Connor Higgins 9, PJ Fuller 9, Colton Caruthers 6, Braxton Huggins 3, Justin Bridges 3, Casey Christian 2. Three-point goals: 2 (Bridges, Fuller). Free-throws: 19-34.
MILLSAP — Kole Flowers 15, Brice Fluitt 14, Tanner Riggs 12, Weston Vogl 8, Andrew Stack 5, Houston Earnest 5, Joseph Srader 4, Rance Dunn 3, JJ Acosta 2. Three-point goals: 3 (Flowers 3). Free-throws: 23-34.
This Week's Circulars
- MWHS starting remote learning Tuesday after COVID spike
- Motorcyclist killed in Sunday night wreck on 281
- Parker County Crimestoppers Crime of the Week: Burglary of building
- Mineral Wells man arrested after pointing gun at woman, shooting ground
- Willow Park city councilwoman resigns to pursue new opportunity
- Concerns raised against Poolville candidate; Jennings: 'I've never hid from anything'
- Senate District 30 candidates address top issues facing Texas
- Friday Night Forecast: Weatherford, Aledo prep for faceoff at Globe Life Park
- Weatherford council requests more county support utilizing sales tax revenue
- AISD officials speak out against charter school approvals