Weatherford High School’s wrestlers continued their successful 2019-20 season with another pair of top-10 (team)finishes, this time at the Fourth Annual Bowie Invitational in Arlington over the weekend.
Weatherford’s boys’ team finished fourth with 117 points out of 38 qualifying teams.
Arlington Martin finished as the top boys’ squad with 248.5 points.
Weatherford’s girls’ team took eighth with 49 points out of 39 qualifying teams.
Haltom finished as the top girls’ squad with 159 points.
Weatherford’s individual boys’ results from the Fourth Annual Bowie Invitational are:
• Mason Woodward, first in the boys’ 132-pound weight class, defeating Keller-Timber Creek’s Daniel Aghayere in the first-place match (Fall 2:53)
• Colton Kern, second in the boys’ 138-pound weight class, falling to Arlington Martin’s Jaden Two Lance in the first-place match
• Koby Kidd, second in the boys’ 195-pound weight class, falling to Arlington Martin’s Maxwell Soto in the first-place match
Weatherford’s individual girls’ results from the Fourth Annual Bowie Invitational are:
• Ashton Ganus, fourth in the girls’ 95-pound weight class, falling to Haltom’s Sabella Guzman in the third-place match (Fall 0:44)
• Ana Luna, third in the girls’ 119-pound weight class, defeating Haltom’s Mia Hernandez in the third-place match (Fall 1:30)
• Perla Rodriguez, sixth in the girls’ 165-pound weight class, falling to Lewisville Hebron’s Aniyah Nelson in the fifth-place match (Fall 1:26)